Monday, July 16, 2012

Tea Goodies

Last Saturday, my husband and I had friends over for tea (you can read about it on my other blog here) in honor of Bastille Day.  Though the menu wasn't strictly French, it was influenced by the seasonal sourcing of ingredients and my aim to keep the menu low-carb.  Enter Elana Amsterdam's The Almond Flour Cookbook to the rescue.

We had:

  • Salmon cakes with mint, lemon and a wasabi-laced remoulade
  • Almond bread bruschetta with a cherry tomato rustic confit (rustic means I chop, not mince)
  • Almond flour chocolate cookies, made in the French sable style
  • Parfaits with raspberries, chopped almonds, and unsweetened creme chantilly
Tomato and olive confit on almond bread, salmon cake with tangy remoulade

Tea and a pitcher of ice water with a stalk of mint to perfume the l'eau de vie

Dessert: slabs of almond flour cookies and the raspberry parfait

It was so pretty I had to take a close-up

While the rest of the guests had iced tea, I preferred to sip a pot of Harney & Son's Paris blend in my toile pot and cup.  

Though the conversation did not orient itself to the storming of prisons, the repression of the masses, or a potential credit downgrade, it was nice to be with friends and EAT.  Being free to eat whatever is placed before me on the table is the primary reason I prefer to entertain at home rather than at restaurants.


6 comments:

Adrienne Shubin said...

That spread looks lovely. I would have loved to have joined you for Bastille Day.

Did you use stevia or splenda for the sweet treats?

Anonymous said...

I used half stevia and half agave -- too much stevia makes me ill. For the creme chantilly I used nothing because the raspberries are sweet enough!

Kate said...

This all looks delicious! And have you read Madame Tussaud? It's based on her real life and how she survived the Revolution because her family entertained both sides.

ALAM INDONESIA said...

hello i Listiani. I really like your blog. may I be friends with you

Kim She nee said...

Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
GamesBX 2020 relax| Wormax 2020| Trendsgame 2020 | Surviv io 2020 | Call of Duty: Mobile 2020 | Aquapark io 2020

Naomi (Angel Numbers) said...

I am sure you had a great time with your friends. The pictures are not loading for some reason. Naomi Archangel Raphael Prayers